Fishers Parks announced the 2021 Summer Camp lineup, which features 32 new and exciting camps that let kids ages 4 to 14 explore the great outdoors, get creative and learn about nature and STEM topics in Fishers’ favorite parks.
This year’s camp themes range from “Year in a Week” and “Let’s Get Messy” to favorites like “Amazing Animals” and “Fun & Fitness”, as well as an Indy Eleven soccer camp for ages 8 to 14.
Registration for Fishers residents opens at 9 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 8. Non-resident registration
opens at 9 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 15. Explore the full list of camp dates and register at playfishers.com/SummerCamp.
Fishers Parks is committed to delivering high quality and safe programming while following health and safety guidelines. This year’s COVID-19 camp procedures include:
- All camp counselors and campers will be screened daily and have their temperature checked.
- All camp counselors are required to wear a mask for the duration of the camp day.
- All campers are required to wear a mask when safe social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Camp counselors will be responsible for sanitizing surfaces throughout the camp day.
- Camp counselors will lead campers in regular restroom breaks and hand washing, and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the camp day.
- Camp activities and games are designed to be socially distanced when possible. Many activities will take place in an outdoor setting.
All camp counselors must pass a criminal background check and are required to complete over 40 hours of training. Head counselors must undergo an additional vehicular background check. Additional camp safety procedures include on-site medical forms and photo identification for child sign-out.
Fishers Parks is proud to offer free or reduced camp scholarships for Hamilton Southeastern Schools students who are enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program. Parents/guardians must register their child in person at the Fishers Parks office, providing documentation from HSE Food Services. Documentation can be retrieved from HSE by calling 317-594-4381. Scholarships are limited to one camp week per student.
For more information about Fishers Parks camps, safety procedures and scholarship opportunities, visit playfishers.com/SummerCamp