Fall has arrived, and Fishers Parks is bringing new traditions and beloved favorites to their seasonal programming lineup. From spooky Halloween fun to outdoor adventures and harvest celebrations, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the season with family and friends around Fishers.
This year’s fall events include:
Keep Fishers Beautiful
Keep Fishers Beautiful (KFB) returns this fall to support the vibrancy of our city and neighborhoods with volunteer opportunities for residents of all ages. KFB events include:
- City Recycling Day: Fishers offers a free recycling day at Billericay Park for residents on Saturday, October 3 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., where electronics, household items, and hazardous wastes are accepted. Paper recycling and off-site confidential document shredding is also available. Learn more at fishers.in.us/RecyclingDay.
- Parks Cleanup: Help us beautify our parks by picking up trash and working on other projects on Saturday, October 3. Register to volunteer at ThisIsFishers.com/KFB.
- AgriPark Service Days: Lend a hand at Fishers’ newest park, the Fishers AgriPark, by volunteering on the farm on Wednesday, September 30 and Thursday, October 1. Register to volunteer at ThisIsFishers.com/KFB..
- Neighborhood Blitz Boxes: Fishers neighborhoods can beautify their common spaces and facades through the Blitz Box program, which includes a cleanup kit and the use of a 20-yard dumpster. HOA representatives can complete an application year-round at ThisIsFishers.com/KFB.
- Group Volunteer Projects: Several opportunities are available for companies, organizations, and civic groups to help clean up Fishers parks and greenspaces.
Online Fishers Farmers’ Market
Shop your favorite Farmers’ Market vendors from the comfort of your own home this fall and winter with no-contact delivery. The online-only market, presented by IU Health Saxony, will run from October 4 through December 18. Orders can be placed Sundays beginning at 9 a.m. through Wednesdays at noon. Orders will be delivered on Friday afternoon. Learn more at playfishers.com/FarmersMarket.
Fall Festival at Fishers AgriPark
Join Fishers Parks for the inaugural Fall Festival at the new Fishers AgriPark on Saturday, October 17 from 1-5 p.m. The festival will feature a scarecrow trail, pumpkin painting, a gourd slingshot, live music, food trucks, and more family fun! Masks must be worn at all times during the event and guests are expected to adhere to social distancing guidelines and stay home if they are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Advance registration is required here.
This Halloween enjoy a new, socially distanced Boo Bash Trick or Treat Trail. Fishers’ annual Halloween tradition will take place on Saturday, October 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater (NPD AMP). The free event features outdoor, socially distant trick-or-treating at over 50 vendor booths, bewitching giveaways, and lots of spooky fun for the whole family.
To ensure attendees comply with social distancing and COVID-19 guidelines, guests will be asked to follow a one-way pedestrian pathway. Entry to the event will be monitored to limit attendance to ensure appropriate distancing. For more information on the COVID-19 precautions for the event, visit playfishers.com/BooBash.
Along with trick-or-treating from over 50 local business booths, guests can also experience:
- Teal Pumpkin Project booths offering non-food items for children with food allergies and special needs
- A jack-o'-lantern display carved by residents at the Boo Bash Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza on Tuesday, October 27 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the NPD AMP. Pre-registration is required for this free event at playfishers.com/BooBash
- The annual digital costume contest on the Fishers Parks Facebook page with great prize packages from local businesses
- Exclusive deals from participating local businesses in the Play Fishers app
Veterans Day Ceremony
Join the City of Fishers on Wednesday, November 11 as we honor local veterans who have courageously served in the armed forces. The socially distanced outdoor ceremony will take place at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater from 10-11 a.m. Learn more at fishers.in.us/FishersHonors.