The Fishers Health Department (FHD) published its COVID-19 dashboard today to share public information related to the FHD Testing Site. The data represents Fishers residents who sought testing through the FHD site. Since its launch on April 30, the testing site has had 21 COVID-19 positive cases, with just over 2 percent of the Fishers population tested. Nineteen percent of those positive cases were from asymptomatic individuals.
“It is important to view these numbers with context: Fishers was one of the first communities in the state to enact a travel advisory and encourage residents to social distance,” said Fishers Health Department Chief Medical Director Dr. Indy Lane. “The data for Fishers shows a very favorable outlook, today. The FHD team monitors this data each day to assess the prevalence of COVID-19 in our community and it is vital that we continue to stay vigilant.” See Dr. Lane’s video here.
Fishers residents (18+) interested in receiving a free COVID-19 test through the Fishers Health Department can visit FishersRecovery.com/Testing to take the assessment and access test scheduling. Residents do not need to be symptomatic to receive testing.
“Now more than ever it is clear that the health of communities in the future will require both a strong public health focus alongside the more traditional tenets of a strong and dynamic city,” remarked Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness. “We have the right public health team leading, and I have no doubt our residents will see the positive impacts of having a local department ensuring their health and safety are a top priority.”
Summary of Findings
The data set is reflective of the Fishers Health Department testing site, which a situational awareness as reported through the assessment tool used when residents reserve a testing appointment. A real-time dashboard is available at fishers.in.us/coronavirus or FishersRecovery.com.
- Total Results Received to Date: 2084 (Total number of residents tested through FHD testing site)
- Percentage of Fishers Population Tested: 2.23%
- FHD Testing Site Results: 1% COVID-19 positive
- Symptom Prevalence for Positive Cases: Symptomatic: 81%; Asymptomatic: 19%
- Results per Day – Past 21 Days: a daily tally of results
- Negative Results Received: 2064
- Positive Results Received: 21
- Positive Cases by Age and Gender:
- Male Age, Largest %: 20-29 (19%)
- Female Age, Largest %: 20-29 (19%)
- Male: 48%
- Female: 52%
Since April 24, the Fishers Health Department has, in parallel, launched Hamilton County’s first dedicated, free COVID-19 testing center for residents 18 and older and traditional health department services to support Fishers residents.
A top priority, and the main pillar, of the Fishers Recovery Plan released by Mayor Fadness in April is to provide access to free testing for any resident who desires to be tested. The Fishers Health Department launched its drive-thru testing location in partnership with Mid-America Clinical Laboratories on April 30 and has since tested over 1800 residents. More than 4,000 residents have completed the assessment.
In conjunction with COVID-19 testing, the Fishers Health Department is conducting contact tracing to reduce the unintended spread of the disease.
Current CDC Guidance
As State and Local communities begin recovery, residents should continue to follow CDC guidance encouraging individuals to
- Wash hands often
- Avoid close contact with others
- Cover mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others. Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Monitor your health and if you find you have any symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolate and contact your physician
Residents may access Fishers Health Department services, in both Spanish and English, online at fishers.in.us/healthdepartment, or contact the department at 317-567-5045.