Fishers will begin opening its park facilities with a phased approach starting Friday, May 22, coinciding with Governor Holcomb’s Back on Track Indiana plan. Since the COVID-19 outbreak, parks, and trails have remained open for outdoor recreation, but park amenities including athletic courts, shelters, and restrooms have been closed.
Effective Friday, May 22, Fishers Parks and Department of Public Works plan the following:
- All public restroom facilities in parks properties to be de-winterized and open to the public. Restrooms will be cleaned daily, following CDC cleaning guidelines.
- Playgrounds and drinking fountains will remain closed, per the Governor’s order.
- All non-contact athletic courts and fields, including basketball, baseball, tennis, and pickleball courts will reopen. Field rentals may resume for practice and conditioning activities only.
- Athletic field rentals for non-contact sports for groups of 250 and more are set to begin June 14.
- Fishers Parks splash pads and Saxony Lake and Beach will remain closed until June 14.
- Shelter and venue rentals will resume for groups of up to 100 individuals beginning June 1.
- Shelter rentals for up to 250 people will reopen during Stage 4 of the reopening plan, set to begin on June 14.
All park amenities are planned to be fully operational during Stage 5, which is set to begin on July 4. This includes venue rentals for more than 250 individuals.
As Fishers Parks phases toward fully opening, under the guidance of the Fishers Health Department, residents are encouraged to take the necessary precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing: stay 6 feet apart and avoid congregating
- Wash your hands frequently or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Wear a face covering if you are over the age of 2
Fishers Parks’ reopening schedule is subject to change dependent upon the Governor’s Back on Track Indiana plan and subsequent Executive Orders.
Fishers Parks also announced today the 2020 Fishers Summer Concert Series will be canceled in addition to all June Summer Camps in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Follow Fishers Parks on social media for the latest information on events and cancelations. Fishers Parks will reassess cancelations with each Phase of the Governor’s Back on Track Indiana Plan. To learn more about the Fishers Recovery Plan, visit FishersRecovery.com.