August 5, 2019
(Fishers, Indiana) – Wednesday, August 7th will be the first day of school for students in the Hamilton Southeastern School District. To help ensure students a safe return, to the classroom, the Fishers Police Department would like to remind drivers of the following information:
- Be prepared for a longer commute. School buses and teenage drivers will add to the traffic congestion in the mornings and afternoons.
- Expect the unexpected. Watch for slowing or stopped traffic and the possibility of children darting out into the street.
- Be patient and observe the law when approaching or following a school bus.
- Be very aware of intersections where children are waiting for the bus.
- Be mindful of reduced speed limits in designated school zones.
- Police officers will provide increased patrols in neighborhoods and school zones. Officers in marked and unmarked police cars will be enforcing school bus stop arm violations and speeding in school zones.
Residents should report suspicious activity and dangerous drivers by calling the Hamilton County Dispatch Center at 911 or 317-773-1282.