The City of Fishers has announced Freedom Mortgage as the presenting sponsor for the inaugural Spark!Fishers celebration on June 30. The community-led festival will offer a fresh twist on a favorite summer tradition and celebrate what it means to be uniquely Fishers. More than 80 community members have worked with the City to create an event that is inclusive of all residents, with diverse ability levels, backgrounds, and interests.
“Spark!Fishers is a celebration of our city – from where it began to its future,” said Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness. “The incredible collaboration with the community steering committee has resulted in an exciting day packed with experiences sure to build new memories. Freedom Mortgage’s support as presenting sponsor of Spark!Fishers shows their dedication to being a key part of our vibrant Fishers community.”
The presenting sponsorship is part of Freedom Mortgage’s year-long celebration of their one millionth customer. While the family-owned company has locations nationwide, the Fishers office is the second-largest and boasts strong community ties. Freedom Mortgage is also one of the largest U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) approved mortgage lenders, and will participate in the Spark!Fishers parade with long-standing community partner, USO Indiana.
“We are thrilled to sponsor the first-ever Spark!Fishers celebration,” said Stan Middleman, president and CEO of Freedom Mortgage. “Freedom Mortgage has a history of supporting the Fishers Freedom Festival, and we are glad to have the opportunity to continue giving back to this great community. As one of the city’s largest employers, Fishers is a special place to Freedom Mortgage.”
On Friday, June 29, start the celebration early with a special AMP After Dark concert at Saxony Fields, located just east of Witten Park, starring 90’s favorite national recording act, Sugar Ray.
On Saturday, a festival in the heart of the Nickel Plate District will include many of the family-friendly activities that residents have come to cherish as part of their Fourth of July celebration.
The festival schedule includes:
- 8 a.m. | Starts in front of Municipal Complex on 116th Street
- Jump start the day with an all-ages 5K walk/run, featuring a brand-new route through downtown Fishers. Registration is now open and is $35 for adults and $25 for children under 12. The 5K is presented by community partners Geist Half Marathon and Fishers YMCA.
Fishers Farmers’ Market
- 8 a.m.–noon | Hamilton East Public Library Parking Lot
- Shop for local produce, baked goods, and prepared foods from over 60 vendors at the market recently voted the top Farmers’ Market in Hamilton County by the Indy A-List.
- 11 a.m. | Stars Stage at Liberty Plaza
- Hear remarks from Mayor Fadness and presenting sponsor Freedom Mortgage as the program honors the Armed Forces at this Independence Day-themed ceremony.
- 11 a.m.–10 p.m. | Nickel Plate District
- There’s fun for the whole family at this street festival featuring over 100 local food and art vendors; two entertainment stages; art in City Hall and an interactive community mural; a teen area designed by local high school students; a kid zone; a sensory friendly area; and a maternity lounge. For updates on performers and vendors, visit sparkfishers.com.
- 7 – 9 p.m. | Starts at Lantern Road & Technology Way
- Celebrate Fishers’ journey to the vibrant community it is today with an illuminated, patriotic parade. Enjoy floats from more than 30 local organizations and music from high school marching bands. A sensory friendly viewing area is available at Meyer Najem (11787 Lantern Road).
- 10 p.m. | Viewing locations at Holland Park & Nickel Plate District
- End the day with a bang and enjoy a Fourth of July fireworks show right from your parade spot. A sensory friendly area is available at Meyer Najem.
Stay up to date with the latest Spark!Fishers news at sparkfishers.com, or connect on social media at Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.