The City of Fishers announced today the official 2018 summer concert line-up at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater (NPD AMP), to kick off this June. Fishers is expanding opportunities to enjoy free concerts during summer months with four different events per week. The concert series offers a variety of music genres, opportunities to unwind, and convenient access for concert-goers.
“Fishers Parks & Recreation does an incredible job building out a summer schedule that all but guarantees to bring the fun and vibrancy to the Nickel Plate District that we’ve come to look forward to each summer,” stated Mayor Scott Fadness. “The variety in music and atmosphere around different concert series ensures we’re able to offer something for everyone in our community.”
Opening week kicks off Tuesday, June 5 with the Tuesday Night Concert Series season opener, My Yellow Rickshaw. The week continues with a Wednesday lunchtime performance by Kelly Isenhower, and concludes with John Waite and Duke Tumatoe and the Power Trio taking over the AMP After Dark. During summer months, Fishers offers four opportunities per week for the community to socialize, enjoy an outdoor meal, and bask in the summer sun.
The 2018 summer season includes a few concerts you can’t miss! Starting with a national concert on Friday, July 29 to kick-off Spark!Fishers, Fishers Parks & Recreation will also host a Fourth of July kid’s parade on Tuesday, July 3 during intermission. Additional details about the Spark!Fishers AMP After Dark show and the Tuesday Night Show’s kid’s parade will be shared in the coming weeks. Finally, on Friday, July 13 the annual Arts Crawl will return from 6 to 9 p.m. leading up to the AMP After Dark concert featuring Jennie DeVoe. A fall concert series will wrap up the season with the popular Fishers Blues Fest Labor Day weekend. Details for the fall concert series will be shared later this summer.
The 2018 Summer Concert Series at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater include:
The family-friendly Tuesday Night Concert Series presented by IU Health Saxony, embarks on its 16th consecutive year in Fishers. The Tuesday Night Concert Series takes place from June 5 through July 24 from 7 to 9 p.m. and will feature:
- June 5 My Yellow Rickshaw Sponsored by Heritage Christian School
- June 12 Endless Summer Band Sponsored by Citizens State Bank
- June 19 The Doo Sponsored by Cathedral High School
- June 26 Mike and Joe Sponsored by Mosquito Joe
- July 3 Spark!Fishers Show: The Pettybreakers Sponsored by Johnson and Jensen LLP
- July 10 The Bishops Sponsored by Primrose School
- July17 Parrots of the Caribbean Sponsored by Bose McKinney and Evans
- July 24 Dave and Rae Sponsored by Goddard School
- July 31 Alternate Rain-Out Date Sponsored by Boomerang Development
- August 7 Alternate Rain-Out Date Sponsored by Boomerang Development
Wednesday Concerts on the Central Green presented by Meyer Najem, entice both residents on summer break and the nearby business community to step out of the office for a true lunch break while local singers and songwriters perform. Wednesday Concerts on the Central Green take place each Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. and will feature:
- May 9 Kelly Isenhower
- May 16 Phil Pierle
- May 23 Tim and Jay
- May 30 Doug Henthorn
- June 6 Kelly Isenhower
- June 13 Phil Pierle
- June 20 Christina 7
- June 27 Rick Matillo
- July 11 Kelly Isenhower
- July 18 Phil Pierle
- July 25 Chad Mills
- August 1 Kelly Isenhower
- August 8 Phil Pierle
- August 15 Tim and Jay
- August 22 Doug Henthorn
- September 5 Kelly Isenhower
- September 12 Phil Pierle
- September 19 Doug Henthorn
- September 26 Chad Mills
Friday AMP After Dark concert series takes place on Friday nights from 9 to 11 p.m. and offers endless opportunities to unwind from the work week. Fan-favorites include:
- June 8 John Waite and Duke Tumatoe and the Power Trio
- June 15 Dogs of Society: The Music of Elton John
- June 22 B105.7 presents the Live and Let Die: A Symphonic Tribute to Paul McCartney
- June 29 A Spark!Fishers Feature Show
- July 6 The Meek Sisters
- July 13 A Fishers Arts Crawl Feature Show with Jennie DeVoe
- July 20 Sounds of Summer: Music of the Beach Boys
- July 27 Woomblies Rock Orchestra
- August 3 Boy Band Review: Music of Backstreet Boys, *NYSNC, and New Kids on the Block
- August 10 Dark Desert Eagles: Music of The Eagles feat. Pat Badger of Extreme
- August 17 Trippin Billies: Music of Dave Matthews Band
- August 31 Blues Fest 2018
- September 1 Blues Fest 2018
Free concerts at the Fishers Farmers’ Market presented by IU Health Saxony, taking place every Saturday morning in the District. The Fishers Farmers’ Market schedule will be posted weekly on the Market’s Facebook page.
All concerts are free to attend, and guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and food to enjoy during the show. Coolers are permitted on the NPD AMP lawn and Central Green.
The AMP is an outdoor venue, and occasionally Mother Nature rains on the parade. Concert-goers are encouraged to download the Nickel Plate District app and “like” the Nickel Plate District AMP Facebook page for show updates, sponsor specials, weather updates, and additional information leading up to these events.
# # #
About the City of Fishers
The City of Fishers is a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana, located in Hamilton County and was named #1 Place to Live in the US by Money Magazine in 2017. Under the leadership of Mayor Scott Fadness, Fishers is known as a smart, vibrant, and entrepreneurial city through its neighborhood development, dedication to supporting high-growth companies, and innovative city processes. With a population of 86,459 (2016), Fishers is one of the fastest growing communities in Indiana and has received national accolades for entrepreneurship, livability, and safety. City branding guidelines and logos can be downloaded here.
About the Nickel Plate District AMP
The NPD AMP hosted its first concert in 2012, and has since become a premier concert destination in the City of Fishers. The AMP is most commonly known as the venue for Fishers’ Tuesday Night Concert Series, AMP After Dark concert series, and Fishers Farmers’ Market during summer months. The venue is currently under renovations and will open to the community during the summer 2018 concert season. In 2017, the AMP hosted a record-setting 167,500 visitors from May through September. Learn more about the AMP online.