The City of Fishers invites residents to unite as a community and stand behind our courageous heroes. On Monday, May 30, Mayor Fadness and city staff invite residents to a Memorial Day ceremony on the Central Green, located out front of City Hall. Beginning at 10 a.m., a short ceremony is planned which includes:
• Presentation of Colors by local Boy Scouts,
• Singing of the National Anthem by the Heartland Quintet Brass Band,
• Welcome & Invocation presented by El Ahlwardt,
• Mayoral Address by Mayor Scott Fadness, and
• Keynote Speech by Taylor Downing
There ceremony will conclude with a moment of silence and the historic song, TAPS. Residents interested in honoring a fallen solider are encouraged to visit the website to learn more about purchasing an engraved brick paver to be installed on the Liberty Plaza walkway. Light refreshments will be served on a first come, first served basis.