Earlier today, an employee of the Shell gas station, located at 96th Street and North by Northeast Boulevard, contacted the Fishers Police Department after locating a credit card skimming device hidden inside one of their gas pumps. Chief of Police George Kehl is reminding residents to pay extra attention when using their credit card at the pump.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
1. The safest way to pay is by going inside the gas station.
2. Look at the exterior of the pump before inserting your card. Contact the cashier immediately if anything looks out of the ordinary.
3. Pay attention to your surroundings. Immediately report suspicious activity by calling 911. It appears the criminals may be sitting in a car nearby using a Bluetooth device to receive the information. If you see a person that appears to be just parked in the area please report it.
4. Monitor your credit/debit card accounts to ensure there are no unauthorized purchases.
5. As always see something, say something!