October 29, 2013
(Fishers, Indiana) – Due to the high probability of strong storms on Thursday, Fishers Police Chief George Kehl has decided to change this year’s Trick-or-Treat hours to Friday evening. Trick-or-Treat hours will be on Friday, November 1, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Chief Kehl believes this change will help ensure the safety of all that choose to participate in this tradition.
Chief Kehl offers the following safety tips for Halloween.
• Give and accept wrapped or packaged candy only.
• Only go to houses that you know the owner.
• Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten.
• A parent or adult should accompany children when they are trick-or-treating.
• Carry a flashlight.
• Stay within your neighborhood; only visit homes you know.
• Use make-up or face paint instead of masks. If masks are used, make sure the child has good visibility.
• Choose costumes that are flame retardant.
• Wear light-colored clothing, short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape to dark colored costumes.
• Watch for vehicle traffic and use caution when crossing the street.
Police cars will be patrolling the neighborhoods to ensure everyone’s safety. If you see or find anything suspicious, please call the Fishers Police Department at 773-1282 or Emergency 911.