- Pete Peterson
- Cecilia Coble
- Jocelyn Vare
Grant Information & Guidelines
The City of Fishers is committed to advancing its city as a smart, vibrant, and entrepreneurial community. Non-Profit Organizations (“Organizations”) add value and vibrancy to the City and positively impact the Fishers community. Therefore, Fishers wishes to contribute funds to those organizations which create a sense of place, public interaction and/or additional educational opportunities for Fishers residents.
Fishers will accept applications for its Non-Profit Grant Program, which will award certain proceeds to support local organizations beginning June 17. The original application deadline of July 17 has been extended to August 3 at Noon.
- Applicants need to have and provide proof of an Internal Revenue Section 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
- Only Organizations located in Fishers or projects or events held by Organizations which are expected to have a large positive impact on Fishers residents and community will be considered.
- The Organization cannot be a recipient of another City of Fishers grant or contribution (i.e. Fishers Police Foundation, Fishers Firefighters Foundation, etc).
- The maximum grant amount is One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00).
- The grant is a matching grant and will require that the Organization participate in a portion of the project funding. The amount awarded will be paid directly to the applicant.
- Depending on grant amount and/or percentage of the total project or event budget that is provided by the grant, a board appointment for one City Council member may be required.
- Organization should establish need for grant for the project or event.
- Accounting will need to be provided by the Organization to City Council Non-Profit Committee of the Organization’s expenditure of grant proceeds.
- Organization should demonstrate financial responsibility and management qualifications.
- Organization should provide evidence of the commitment, capacity and ability of the Organization to carry out the project or event.
- Organization should allow the Fishers logo to appear on the project or event marketing materials.
- Organization cannot employ, contract or otherwise compensate a City employee or official from its budget. City employees or officials may be volunteers for the Organization.
- Grants are made with the understanding that Fishers is in no way obligated to provide further financial assistance to ensure that a project is completed.
- Grant recipients will be required to sign a Contribution Agreement with the City.
Grant Selection Criteria
The Non-Profit Organization Grant applicants must meet program criteria or their application will be rejected. In reviewing grant applications, Fishers will consider the following:
- Whether the Organization is located in Fishers and if not located in Fishers, the potential impact of the grant and the benefit from the project or event on the Fishers community.
- The commitment, capacity, and ability of the applicant to carry out the program or project and to give an accounting of how the money was spent.
- The applicant’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
- The number of matching dollars that the applicant has and is willing to contribute.
- Grant project funding may not exceed 50% of the total cost of the project or event. If the funding from Fishers and the portion provided for by the receiving applicant is not sufficient to complete the project, then the receiving applicant is responsible for raising the difference. The intent of this grant is not to completely fund projects, but to assist with as many projects and events as possible throughout the community.
Submit a non-profit grant application by August 3 at noon.