Crime Prevention and Safety Tips
The Fishers Police Department takes crime prevention very seriously and strives to equip residents with materials that will help them stay safe in the community.
Internet Safe Trading Zone
Citizens may utilize the lobby of the Fishers Police Department to conduct internet trading and transactions. The lobby is open during business hours on Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Find more info on the Internet Safe Trading Zone.
Lock it, Hide it, Keep it
The program encourages residents to be proactive by locking their vehicles and hiding valuables in order to safeguard their property. View the Lock It, Hide It, Keep It Brochure.
- Lock your vehicle - thefts from vehicles are preventable!
- Avoid parking your vehicle outside if possible. If you must park outside, park in a well lighted area.
- Remember to lock your car every time.
- Do not leave the windows or sunroof open, even if parking at home.
- Consider installing an alarm system or anti-theft device in your car and use it.
- Take your keys with you.
- Avoid leaving valuables such as purses, laptops, iPods, money, briefcases, backpacks, etc., in plain view.
- Remove or hide all valuables from your vehicle, including the garage door opener and personal identification information.
- Store items in your trunk if necessary.
Be on alert for suspicious activity, including:
- Adults or Juveniles walking casually through the neighborhood looking into windows, backyards, vehicles, etc.
- A vehicle driving slowly through your neighborhood with or without lights on
- Something wakes you in the night
- Someone you don’t know rings your doorbell late at night
- An unknown car parked for a prolonged amount of time near your home containing one or more people
- If something is suspicious to you, call the police!
Each year the Fishers Police Department investigates property crime in community neighborhoods. These safety tips can help reduce the chance of becoming a victim of a crime.
Please contact the Fishers Police Department if you are interested in organizing a Neighborhood Watch Program. The Fishers Police Department will schedule a meeting and provide support to implement the program. Find more info on the Crime Watch Program.