Board of Public Works & Safety
- Second and fourth Monday of the month
- 4 p.m.
- Thomas A. Weaver Municipal Complex
Fishers City Hall
1 Municipal Dr.Fishers, IN 46038
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Mayor Scott Fadness
- Jeff Lantz
- Jason Meyer
The Public Works and Safety Board Pursuant to IC 36-4-9-6, is comprised of three (3) members appointed by the Mayor. A member may hold other appointive positions in city government during the member's tenure. IC 36-4-11-2 applies to board member appointments under this section. The Mayor shall appoint a clerk for the board. Members of the Board must reside within the municipal boundaries of the City of Fishers.
Responsibilities, duties, powers and procedures of the Public Works and Safety Board shall be as set forth in IC 36-9-6-6 - Public ways and sidewalks; laying out, opening, and changing; grades
- The works board may lay out, open, change, and fix or change the grade of any public way, sidewalk, or public place in the city.
- The works board may keep a record of the grades of all public ways and sidewalks in the city.
Pursuant to Ind. Code § 36-8-3-2, the Public Works and Safety Board has exclusive control over all property relating to the following:
- Police department
- Fire department, fire alarms, and fire escapes
- Animal shelters
- Inspection of buildings
The Public Works and Safety Board may purchase the equipment and supplies and make the repairs needed by the Police and Fire Departments.