- The unit takes non-felony police reports from citizens via online case filing, provide residential alarm permits and assist with the gun permit process.
- Responsible for submitting annual statistics to the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Program.
- Responds to requests for copies of police reports, criminal records (local only), and fingerprinting services.
- Fingerprinting services are done between the hours of 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Statewide criminal history checks must be requested through the Indiana State Police. The Fishers Police Department complies with the Records Retention and Disposal Schedule as promulgated by the State of Indiana.
To request a Public Records Request please click here.
Recruitment & Hiring
- Responsible for all personnel recruitment. Officers assigned to this unit take the primary role in conducting the department’s hiring process, searching for the most qualified men and women to serve the community.
- Activities include visits to local and statewide career fairs, distribution of recruitment marketing materials, and adherence to all statutory recruitment practices.
Public Information and Education
- Staff promote cooperation, education, and communication between the police department, the citizens of Fishers, and the news media through education, awareness and involvement in the community.
- Public Information coordinates the department's response to media inquiries, including news releases communicated through email and social media.
- The Community and Youth Outreach Section manages various community programs such as the Citizen’s Police Academy, Cops and Kids, Coffee with a Cop, Teen Academy, FPD Explorers, and the “Books and Badges” program. They also provide services to schools and community organizations throughout Fishers.
- The Crime Watch Program encourages citizens to become involved in the fight against crime, and provide avenues of communicating tips and concerns immediately to appropriate police personnel.
- The Community Support Officer manages animal control and is the liaison to the Humane Society for Hamilton County.
- The department works to educate the community about the animal control ordinance and frequently meets with residents to ensure compliance.
- Personnel work with community groups, schools, and other organizations to provide logistical and security support for large public events.
- The Fleet Manager works with city garage personnel to provide complete maintenance on all department vehicles in addition to coordinating purchases and anticipating all department fleet needs.