- Fishers Health Department
- Vaccines & Boosters
- Volunteer Opportunities
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic General Volunteers
The City of Fishers looking for volunteer COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic General Volunteer to join the effort to vaccinate our community members against COVID. This is a temporary volunteer position to provide assistance with moving patients safely throughout the clinic from one station to another, assisting in observation, and sanitizing common areas. This is located at our high-volume vaccine clinic in Fishers, Indiana.
Job includes but is not limited to interacting with patients and sanitation. It is important to be able to interact with the patient and other staff members. Volunteers may be required to stand for long periods of time. Must be 18 years of age or older without serious underlying conditions defined by CDC guidelines related to COVID-19. 15 years of age (high school students) with letter from guidance counselor to assist with volunteerism hours.
- Daytime and possible evening availability.
- Must wear a provided face mask while on the vaccine clinic facility.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Professional and personable interactions with patients.
18 years of age and over must agree to submit to a free background check. Apply here.
Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccine Administrator
Want to be part of the COVID-19 solution! Vaccinations for our frontline workers are staring to arrive and we are looking for licensed/certified clinical volunteers to assist in getting our community members vaccinated.
The City of Fishers looking for volunteer vaccine administrator to join the effort to vaccinate our community members against COVID.
This is a temporary, volunteer position responsible for vaccine administration and documentation. Positions are located within our clinics and/or at a high-volume COVID vaccine drive-through site and/or pop-up sites in Fishers, Indiana. This position is not eligible for benefits.
The Temporary COVID-19 Vaccination Administrators for the Fishers Health Department reports to the Testing and Vaccine Site Supervisor and the Public Health Director. The COVID-19 Vaccination Administrators provide vaccination and medical support to the COVID-19 Vaccination Site for the Fishers Health Department. Register to volunteer.
Examples of Duties
- Performs public health COVID-19 vaccinations for patients in accordance with State and local Health Department standing orders.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients including verifying correct client identification and demographic information, appropriate vaccination documentation as required, and patient education.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into the Indiana State Department of Health database as directed.
- Educates clients regarding COVID-19 virus risk reduction, specifically information on isolation, quarantine, mask wearing, hand hygiene, and social distancing, when applicable, and discusses vaccine information and answers questions.
- Responsible for practicing infection control measures including appropriate donning and doffing of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- May assist with drawing up vaccines and/or with reconstitution of vaccines.
- May assist with other medical tasks during post-vaccination observation or in the medical response area.
- Assists with inventory management of clinic supplies when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have one of the following certifications and/or licenses to administer vaccines: Advanced EMT, Paramedic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA), or be a currently licensed Physician, Dentist, or Pharmacist;
- CPR Certification preferred.
- Strong abilities, experience, and confidence in providing vaccinations are preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent customer service skills overall.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other job-related computer software;
- Excellent data entry skills necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of infection prevention and control and donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE) required.
Thank you for considering gifting your volunteered time to Fishers Health Department.