City Services Building
The City Services Building is closed due to COVID-19 concerns. Residents can submit virtual requests and payments online. In person services are currently offered at City Hall (must provide exact cash for payments such as traffic tickets). Please call 317-595-3111 for further assistance.
- Permit and Inspection Processing
- Sewer and Storm Water Bill Pay
- City Court
- Court Payments
- Traffic Tickets
- Fishers Parks transactions:
- Activity registration
- Building and picnic shelter reservations
- Special Event Permit Applications (SEPA)
- Conference Room Meetings
- Director of Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Economic Development
- Human Resources
- Planning & Zoning (except permit/inspection processing)
- Public Relations & Community Engagement
- Mayor's Office
- Notary Public
Please check in at the front desk before proceeding to your meeting. We look forward to serving you!
Helpful Tips for Your Visit
Parking (including reserved visitor spaces) is located in front of the City Services Building. Convenient free, public parking garages are located across the street at the Police Department (4 Municipal Drive) and The Flats at Switch (9 Municipal Drive), with entrances off Municipal Drive and North Street.
Three self-service kiosks are available in the lobby of the City Services Building where you can pay a bill or complete a transaction.
If you’d prefer to see one of our customer experience representatives, visit the service window in the lobby and we can process your transaction and answer any questions you have.
A 3% credit card processing fee applies at the self-service kiosks and service window.
What to Bring
The type of transaction you wish to complete on-site will determine what items you’ll want to bring (please note that only Permit & Inspection transactions can accept checks):
- Permit & Inspection Transaction: Permit number, check made out to the “City of Fishers”, credit card (3% processing fee applies), or cash (exact cash is preferred), and drawings or photos in PDF format on a USB drive.
- Sewer & Stormwater Bill: Please bring your entire bill and cash (exact cash is preferred).
- City Court Transactions: Personal checks not accepted.
The City of Fishers is a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana, located in Hamilton County and was named #1 Place to Live in the US by Money Magazine in 2017. Under the leadership of Mayor Scott Fadness, Fishers is known as a smart, vibrant, and entrepreneurial city through its neighborhood development, dedication to supporting high-growth companies, and innovative city processes.
With a population of 91,832 (2017), Fishers is one of the fastest growing communities in Indiana and has received national accolades for entrepreneurship, livability, and safety.
- Eastern (with DST adjustments in the spring and fall)
Population Information (2017)
- Population: 91,832
- Median age: 31 years
Household Information (2010)
- Average household size: 2.91
- Total number of housing units: 28,511
- Occupied housing units: 27,218
- Vacant housing units: 1,293
- White (non-Hispanic): 85.6%
- Hispanic: 3.4%
- Black or African American: 5.4%
- American Indian or Alaska Native: 0.2%
- Asian: 5.5%
- Other: 0.9%
- Two or more races: 1.1%
Income Information (2010)
- Median household income (in dollars): 75,638
- Median family income (in dollars): 81,971
- Per capita income (in dollars): 39,891
- #5 on The Home Security Advisor's Top 10 Safest Cities in Indiana
- #5 on the Safewise Report for 2019 Safest Cities in Indiana
- #6 on Alarms.org's Safest Cities in Indiana 2019
- #2 on SafeWise's 20 Safest Cities in Indiana
- 2018 AIM Green Community
- 2018 Green Community of the Year for population 50,000 - 99,999
- #1 on MONEY Magazine's 2017 Best Places to Live
- #24 on Alarm.org's 2017 Top 100 Safest Cities in America
- 100 on Livability's 2017 Top 100 Best Places to Live
- #35 on GoodCall's list of 2017 Best Cities for K-12 Teachers
- 2017 KaBoom! Playful City USA Community
- 2017 Niche.com ranked 16th on Best Places to Live In America
- #6 on The SafeWise Report for The 30 Safest Cities to Raise a Child
- Fishers Named Indiana Chamber's 2016 Community of the Year
- Money Magazine #30 Best Place to Live in the U.S.
- #11 of 20 Safest Cities in America, Asbury Park Press
- #3 Safest Places in Indiana (Movoto Real Estate)
- #2 on Movoto Real Estates list of Happiest Suburbs in the Nation
- #1 on Kelly School of Business' Fastest Growing Communities
- Hamilton County selected as Healthiest County in Indiana by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Outstanding Plan of the Year for the Community Art Master Plan by the American Planning Association Indiana Chapter
- One of Top 10 Safest Cities In America (Movoto Real Estate)
- Ranked 36th of the 100 Safest Cities in America (Location Inc. - NeighborhoodScout.com)
- #6 Best Place in Indiana for Home Ownership (NerdWallet.com)
- National Association of Government Web Professionals Members Choice Award - Fishers Website
- Model School Resource Officer Agency award, National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO)
- IACT Community Achievement Award for Launch Fishers
- 19th Safest City in America (Location, Inc.)
- Top 100 Best Places to Live in America (#12 Ranking) - Money Magazine
- Forbes 11th Best Place to Move
- Family Circle Names Fishers one of the 10 Best Towns for Families
- Named a "Playful City USA" Community by KaBOOM!
- Named Safest City in the Nation by CQ Press in their City Crime Rankings 2011 - 2012: Crime in Metropolitan America report
- Indiana Association of Cities and Towns (IACT) Green Community
- #1 Top 10 Cities for Families in U.S. - The Learning Channel (TLC)
- Certificate of Excellence from the Center for Performance Measurement (ICMA)
- Top 100 Places to Live - Relocate America
- Top 25 Suburbs for Retirement - Forbes.com
- #1 Best Affordable Suburb in U.S.- BusinessWeek.com
- #2 Best Under-rated Golf Community in U.S. - Livability.com
- Healthiest County in Indiana - Community Health Network
- Top 100 Places to Live in 2010 - RelocateAmerica
- Top 100 Best Places to Live in America (#8 Ranking) - Money Magazine
- IPEP Award for Workplace Safety
- International City / County Management Association (ICMA) Center Voice of the People Award of Excellence
- International City / County Management Association (ICMA) Center of Performance Measurement Certificate of Distinction