Arts & Culture Commission
The Fishers Arts & Culture Commission will host opportunities for residents of Fishers to provide input on what arts and culture will look like in Fishers for generations to come.
Please complete this form to be notified when opportunities are available.
Arts & Culture Initiative
Over the last several years, new public and performance art has popped up around the Nickel Plate District, located in the heart of downtown Fishers.
Public art ranging from painted electrical boxes, to banners at The Edge parking garage, to a new mural at Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream & Yogurt, infuse creativity and vibrancy into the District.
Last summer, the City debuted the newly renovated Nickel Plate District Amphitheater—home to the popular summer concert series and Fishers Farmers’ Market—and hosted the inaugural Spark!Fishers festival, a community celebration honoring Fishers’ history and culture.
The annual Arts Crawl event, in collaboration with the Fishers Arts Council, Nickel Plate Arts, and the Nickel Plate District Business Council, connects local businesses with artists for a unique cultural experience.
Recent highlights in Fishers’ arts and cultural initiatives:
- In September 2018, the City was recognized as the Emerging Arts Champion of the Year by Nickel Plate Arts. This honor is awarded annually to an individual or entity that supports local arts and artists through collaboration, promotional efforts, and creativity.
- In August 2018, Fishers City Council adopted an ordinance to create an Arts & Culture Commission to facilitate a more comprehensive and strategic approach to arts and culture in the city. The Commission seeks to engage and promote all forms of performing and visual art in Fishers in support of community and economic development efforts. The Commission became effective in January 2019.
- In December 2018, the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) officially designated Fishers’ Nickel Plate District as a Statewide Cultural District.
Arts & Culture Master Plan
See the Arts & Culture Master Plan.
The Art Gallery at City Hall
Mondays - Fridays | 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (excluding holidays) | City Hall | Free
In partnership with the Fishers Arts Council, The Art Gallery at City Hall features rotating pieces from established and emerging artists and is open to the public with expanded hours during the Fishers Farmers’ Market. Learn more at fishersartcouncil.org.
- November: Scenes of Indiana & Beyond - Reception on November 30 | Noon - 5 PM
- December: Scenes of Winter & More - Reception December 7 | 4 - 7 PM