September 20, 2018 from 9 to 11 a.m. (Introduction & Orientation)
- Participants will visit City Hall for the introductory MYC session.
October 16, 2018 from 8:30 to 1 p.m. (Department of Public Works)
- Participants may operate large equipment and machinery, including but not limited to the following: paving equipment, street striping machinery, and back hoe, and radios. Participants will tour the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
November 15, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Parks & Recreation)
- Participants will visit a Parks facility for a tour (which may include an outdoor portion) and lecture/interactive session.
December 6, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Fire & Emergency Services)
- Participants may participate in mock training, including but not limited to the following: will put on turn-out gear and complete mock search and rescue training, mock obstacle/entanglement training with turn-out gear, operate a fire hose, and learn/practice CPR method. Participants will visit a Hamilton County Fire & EMS training facility.
January 16, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Fishers Police Department)
- Participants may participate in, including but not limited to the following: firearm safety training, firearm shooting range simulator (using a handgun setup for a digital shooting range), learning crime scene investigation techniques, learning about and using fingerprinting techniques. Participants will visit FPD HQ.
February 7, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Hamilton County Jail)
- Participants will tour the Hamilton County Jail, an active and working jail, with Hamilton County Jail staff/leadership.
March 11, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Nonprofit day)
- Participants will either visit a central Indiana nonprofit to volunteer and discuss nonprofit management or meet at City Hall for a visit with a nonprofit professional, as well as work on policy capstone projects.
April 8, 2018 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. (Policy Presentation finalization)
- Participants will visit City Hall and prepare for their final presentations.
April 9 and 10, 2018 from 4 to 5 p.m. (Policy presentations)
- Participants will go to one of these two sessions to present their final policy positions/capstones.